Food Review: Timbre duck pizza and Seafood Aglio olio

Hello all! Here's another food review of the very much raved timbre's duck pizza!! It was our first trip to timbre and getting there by car was a pain!!! Parking was hard to get and like figuring out how to turn into the carpark was a whole maze to us. So I reckon you take the train(keeping fingers crossed that the trains won't breakdown) to timbre's substation branch if you choose to dine there. It's near SMU and just beside the peranakan museum.

Well the environment wasn't what I had expected it to be, maybe the other branches are better. But I felt they could have done more to jazz the area up. Tim liked the environment except that he's gonna bring insect repellant on our next visit! Poor fella had at least 7 bites from those hungry mozzies.

Anyway! We had like the duck pizza and ordered another Aglio Olio to share. We were served Aglio Oilio first, and it tasted so flavorful!! I love how they cook their Aglio Olio. It wasn't dry and that's what I like, loads of olive oil! And there were a lot a lot of seafood in the dishes. It was pretty good! Well-recommended for those who likes Aglio Olio.

Next on we were served Timbre's Duck Pizza. We were quite taken aback by the size, cause we expected a smaller portion for the cost of SGD18. Well what I like best is their crust and those crunchy crackers, I love to have like different textures in my food. Was it like super mind-blowing, maybe. I guess it would have been better if we had more company to share. We struggled having to finish our food, so we had to take away the last bit and I had that for lunch the next day. It'll be good to share for 2 if you only order the pizza, cause I'm not kidding about the generous size. The amount of duck used was quite little I felt, like it was just a thin shred of duck meat used all over the pizza. I think they could have used a little more duck so that with every mouth you chunk into, you'll get a bite of duck. #greedy. 

So this is it!! Our first meal at Timbre with their popular Duck Pizza! I ordered Strawberry Mojito, gosh it tasted like antibiotics! ): Ugh. But Tim had this cocktail I think it was Orange Mojito, tasted pretty good! All in all, it's a great place for group hangout and a quiet place if you visit around 6-7pm for a dinner date. Just remember to bring insect repellant the next time!! 

“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.”

Just a minute,
Adora

No comments:

Post a Comment