Food Review: Dining at Triple Three @ Mandarin Orchard Hotel

This Mother's Day, Tim's dad brought us to dine at Triple Day to celebrate Momsie Chua's birthday and also to celebrate her birthday! (: Triple Three is located at Mandarin Hotel Level 5. The entire ambience is so classy. The array of dishes that they offered was quite impressive! Of course with such location and loads of food to choose from, it definitely comes with a price to pay. Per pax for dinner buffet would cost $108++ Was it worth the price? Yes, if you are a big eater of seafood, they've got oysters, alaskan crab#yes, crabs, crayfish, mussels, clams, lobsters and prawns. 
I had loads of crabs and oysters. #likeasir

This is probably my favorite station of them all! Okay, I love the cheese platter station whenever I have buffets like this. My favorite cheese would definitely be Brie cheese and Blue Cheese, but they didn't serve blue cheese there, but that's fine. I had my share on all! I love my cheese with apricot. 
Just apricot. Pure goodness. 

Here's a very poorly taken seafood section fro triple three, just look at the LOBSTERS. Yums. I had more share of the oysters though. (: Loved it. They do have a couple of other stations like MEAT, Pasta, and Fish. I loved the Fish corner! WHY? because they had Parrot Fish Meat!!! OMG. For those who haven't tried Parrot Fish meat, you should!! I remember loving my dad's version of Parrot fish he cooked for the family! So it was pretty much reliving the moment. Oh what food does to me. Drooling dreamer. They sautéed their Asparagus pretty well too, loved the combination with hollandaise sauce. Really sorry I don't have many pictures to share. 

I found my favorite appetitser from this indian cuisine section, at the very end of my meal. Contradiction. And it was ..... Papadum! HAHA. not just plain papadum of course, I loved their Mint Chutney. Tasted so good! Spicy and sour, just all you need to wake your palate up for another round of sashimi and seafood. 

Triple Three also offers chinese cuisine, from nyona food to Roasted Duck which were all really good! I started my meal with that, because I wanted to spend 90% of my time on seafood. Yummehhh. The chinese clams were really good though. I loved the stingray. Very fresh and I loved the spices used. 

Another cuisine I dearly enjoyed was the Japanese section, what's not to love of Sashimi?! (: I loved their Tempura too though, and they had this Matcha Salt dipper which I FELL in love with. I have to visit Japan soon! So in love with the culture, food, and country.  JAPAN'S TOKYO BANANA, SAKURA SWEETS, RAMEN, UDON, MENTAIKO which I MISS SO BAD. #growfatanddie 

What's a buffet without desserts right? Triple Three has pretty tasty ones! I love their Opera Cake, Chocolate Mousse and Passionfruit Mousse. They had Asparagus Creme Brûlée, which really did not do any justice to Creme Brûlée. It was awful, at least that's what I think. Didn't like the twist they made with it. However so, I really did enjoy the night spent with his family. But for now it's back to the gym and work on those abs and butt! 

Operating Hours
Daily
Breakfast: 6.30am – 10.00am
Lunch: 12.00pm – 2.30pm
Dinner: 6.30pm – 10.00pm


Sunday International Lunch   
12.00pm - 3.00pm

                                                       Dining Reservations: 6831 6288/71



Just a minute,

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous spread of food and what can be a better way to honour mums all over the world.

    ReplyDelete