My log to weight loss and muscle building : Part 2 (ZUMBA)

ZUMBA
From WIKIPEDIA: Zumba is a Latin dance-inspired fitness program created by dancer and choreographerAlberto "Beto" Perez in Colombia during the 1990s.[2]
Zumba involves dance and aerobic elements. Zumba's choreography incorporates hip-hop,socasambasalsamerenguemambomartial arts, and some Bollywood and belly dancemoves. Squats and lunges are also included.[3] Zumba does not charge licensing fees to gyms or fitness centers.[4] There are 12 million people taking weekly Zumba classes in over 110,000 locations across more than 125 countries.[5]


Part of my weight loss 'program'I try to fit in, is to attend Zumba class every Thursday @ True Fitness Vivo City. Zumba is pretty much like a cardio dance class, and what I love best about doing Zumba is the upbeat music and salsa steps we get to practice during class. Tickles my dancing bone, and builds up my confidence. Many a times during class I can't really catch some steps, but the fun thing about Zumba is you can create small steps on your own and work it. OWN IT. Feel the music with ZUMBA. 

I would strongly recommend you to try Zumba at least once! Just once, and I'm pretty sure you'll be begging for more like me. So here's something to share today, Give ZUMBA a shot! (: For working colleagues at Singapore General Hospital, work life department actually conducts Zumba classes and I strongly encourage you to give this a shot! AND SHAKE THOSE BOOTIES. On top of Zumba,  I will top it up with 3 sets of 25 abdominal crunches to work on my abs after class. That's all you need for a quick lunch break workout!! 

All set up for Zumba! <3


HERE'S A VIDEO!! Although this is from California Fitness, but the steps are same!! ZUMBA!! Make exercising FUN with ZUMBA NOW ((:

Random shot of the day: My lovely breakfast for the morning, this sachet of royal milk tea is my favorite!!! Found this at Cold Storage, comes at a cost of 7SGD for 10 packets. 70cents for 10 milk teas!!!  And the other is my childhood favorite Japanese Cheesecake my parents bought from Ichiban Sushi. So yummy! 

Just a minute,

5 comments:

  1. I've heard of Zumba and it sounds so fun but I am just too shy for this. I guess I will stick to my private in room dancing hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. It truly is fun (: I was pretty shy about joining Zumba class too, but after the first class. You'll realize that it really isn't that intimidating at all (: Well I'm glad you have got your private in room dancing to keep that groove going! ((: stay healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello! can i check with you whether the Thursday Zumba class at Vivo is crowded? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! (: the classes on thursday are generally quite okay i think there's probably about 20pax per session. Well they do have a maximum number of people that can attend the class, so don't worry about over crowding, plus it's always a lot more fun when you groove and work out with more people! (: I do hope they have more classes for Zumba though. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great article, thanks for sharing information muscle building optimization. http://goo.gl/XaW494

    ReplyDelete