TIM'S CHOMP REVIEW: FORLINO @ ONE FULLERTON


HELLO THERE!

It is me, Tim! Here to bring you another good eat. (: This time we go to a cozy corner at One Fullerton, Forlino.

We visited this place on my birthday this year. It was a pleasant surprise by Adora and it is still an unforgettable experience! That's why I have decided that I should share with you our experience.

Very interesting centre piece. And yes, those are real tea candles.
Raspadüra cheese!
Forlino-made Foccacia bread! Crispy outside, soft & fluffy inside!
Vellutata Rossa - Cream of 7 Red Vegetables with Lobster Tortelloni
We can't do without soup. It is more of a staple than rice for the both of us. A smooth way to begin your meal.
Le Focaccine - probably the most interesting appetizer I have ever eaten. 
An appetizer that is meant to be shared, Le Focaccine is definitely a playground of flavours. My favourite got to be the parma ham with bruschetta.
Rossini - Wagyu Beef Tenderloin & Pan-Fried Foie Gras with Marsala Wine Sauce & Sansho Pepper. 
When I saw Rossini on the menu, I went "I GOT TO HAVE THAT. I mean, how often will I get to come here? Why should I eat fish?" HAHA! Nothing against fish, just sayin'.

Rossini - Radish and mushrooms!
Rossini - Baked mashed potatoes! 
Honestly, I wasn't expecting this. Not a fan of mashed potatoes either. BUT! this cup of potatoes is not mushy like KFC mashed potatoes, not dry like aluminium foil-wrapped baked potatoes. Fluffy, moist and firm at the same time!

Spaghetti alla Chitarra - Boston Lobster with Sardinian Bottarga and Datterini Tomatoes
As of today, Spaghetti alla Chitarra has been crowned my number one pasta choice in Singapore. Firstly, I can assure you the portion is sufficient for anybody. My fiancée was 'almost there' after 2/3 of the dish!  Secondly, I think some angel chef descended from Heaven and blessed the chef with the recipe. It was heavenly! A must try if you visit Forlino.

Forlino's signature dessert, Salty Butter Caramel Lava Cake.
All these while I have been saying how flavourful the appetizers and main course are, the dessert are not an exception. We ordered Salty Butter Caramel Lava Cake and it was SWEET. Very sweet. The butter-infused caramel will make any sweet tooth satisfied for the next couple of days.
Don't panic when the waiter 'pops' the cake for you.
il Tiramisu al te verde - a very light green tea Tiramisu.
A unique twist to the usual creamy, alcoholic coffee Tiramisu. Instead of coffee powder, green tea powder is layered on top two layers of light sponge cake. Definitely for somebody who wants a light but delicious dessert.
Complimentary birthday cake! Extremely smooth too!
For its' hefty price tag, I would say it was totally worth it. A great place to celebrate a quiet birthday with your partner or in a small group. The portions will not let you down too. Reservation recommended.

They do quick business lunch and sunday all-you-can-eat lunch as well! For more information, visit www.forlino.com.

Forlino - Dining on the bay
#02-06 One Fullerton
1 Fullerton Road
Singapore 049213

No comments:

Post a Comment